- Who Uses Constant Contact?
- Who is Constant Contact For?
- A Review and Walkthrough of Constant Contact
- What Can You Create?
- Creating and Managing Emails
- Email Automation
- Social Media Posts
- Events, Survey, and Landing Pages
- Websites and Stores
- Around The Web
- Latest from the Blog
- Constant Contact Competitors
Constant Contact is one of the oldest email providers, having started back in 1998 when many people still thought email was this thing from AOL.
While the user interface is dated, the depth of capabilities offered by this platform is impressive.
Who Uses Constant Contact?
Who is Constant Contact For?
Any small business looking for all of these marketing capabilities in one platform should consider the solution.
The capabilities include emails, social media management, ad and event management, landing pages,
Buyers should note that these features are all solid, but that there are better solutions for each of the individual capabilities.
In other words, if you only need an email management provider, there are better options for the small business owner (e.g., Mailchimp, Moosend, etc..). However, if you want one solution that has all of these marketing capabilities, this is the solution for you to use.
A Review and Walkthrough of Constant Contact
When you log in to Constant Contact you will be presented with an overview of your email activity.
We blurred out live data for this account, but the dashboard shows the following data for the selected time period (last 7, 30, or 90 days)
- Your total number of contacts.
- Your email open rate
- The number of new contacts added
- Social growth
and it shows the most recent email campaigns you have run.
What Can You Create?
Constant Contact supports far more than email, as you can see on the Create Campaign menu from within the platform.
You can easily create:
- Emails – as you would expect with any email management platform (see below)
- Email automation – set up rules about when emails are automatically sent
- Social post – social media posts on the most common platforms
- Ads – Facebook and Instagram ads
- Events – Set up live and virtual events
- Survey pages – Query your audience
- Landing pages – Standard one-page websites for driving sales, newsletter signups, and other actions
- Websites and stores – create simple websites and e-commerce stores
Creating and Managing Emails
Constant Contact supports sending automated emails based on any of the following seven events:
- Welcome emails when a new contact joins your mailing list
- Birthday emails
- Anniversary emails
- Email opens. Send an email anytime the contact opens an email of yours
- Link clicks. Send an email anytime the contact clicks on a link in your email
- Joins a list. The welcome emails above are for a contact joining any of your email lists. This can be triggered for a specific email list, with each list potentially having its own
- Shopify order. When a contact makes their first purchase, send them an email
Creating email automation always begins by assigning a name, then will vary based upon the trigger type, but generally show a dialog box similar to this.
In general, after selecting the information on this dialog, you will create the email, either by copying from an existing email or creating manually.
Social Media Posts
You can post to any of the following four social media platforms: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Events, Survey, and Landing Pages
We are lumping these together to simply note that these features behave as they do in other platforms used to create these types of pages.
Websites and Stores
All the tools necessary to launch a simple website and store are available within the platform.
Around The Web
We deliver for small businesses with powerful tools to simplify and amplify digital marketing.
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
Constant Contact was founded in 1998
Constant Contact is privately-held.
Constant Contact has raised $423.2M
Latest from the Blog
Constant Contact Competitors
Constant Contact has two paid plans and a free trial.
All pricing plans are tiered based on the number of contacts.
- Starting at $9.99/month
Customer list growth tools (website sign-up forms, Facebook ads)
300+ email templates
Store, organize, and view contacts
Post to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn all at once
Real-time reporting (list growth, views, clicks)
Award-winning live phone and chat support
All features in Core, plus:
- Starting at $45/month
Additional list growth tools (Google ads integrated, text message sign-up, lookalike ad targeting)
Automated emails (resend to non-openers, abandoned cart reminder, birthday/anniversary)
Auto-generated segments (most, somewhat, least engaged)
Conversion and sales reporting
Personalized kickoff call