What does BuzzSumo do?
Founded in 2013 and loved by marketers worldwide ever since, BuzzSumo is the all-in-one content marketing tool that gives you the content research and performance insights you need, fast.
From Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit data, to large-scale content analysis, influencers, trending news stories, and media alerts, you get it all and more with just one simple subscription. Oh, and the solution is the world’s largest index of social engagement data, with over 300 trillion engagements, 8bn articles, and millions more indexed every day, giving you quality data you can rely on.
May 2022: BuzzSumo released four new updates worth checking out.
- Find micro-influencers more easily using Twitter Influencers
- Bulk upload influencer lists using Projects
- Track URLs using the Content Analyzer
- Search hashtags using the Content Analyzer
This BuzzSumo review was created with Loom.
BuzzSumo is the all-in-one content marketing tool that gives you the content research and performance insights you need, fast. In our opinion, it is either the best content marketing tool or second best and tied with ahrefs.
Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom
BuzzSumo was founded in 2014
Henley Wing and James Blackwell
BuzzSumo is a privately held company.
Full pricing details are listed at the bottom of our article. However, paid versions range in price from $99/month to $299/month.
Latest on The Blog
- This content marketing software is powerful! It will give you countless content ideas that any content marketing team needs to use regularly.
- With great power comes a lot of UI to work through. The learning curve for this product is not long, but it will take a few focused hours to get comfortable with the user interface and maximize your results.
- The FREE version is not sufficient if you use this as your only SEO tool. That’s why we use ahrefs and the FREE version of BuzzSumo.
How much does BuzzSumo cost? Glad you asked.
BuzzSumo has a FREE plan (see the image below). The problem with the free plan is:
- If you don’t read the guide on Backlinko you may not understand the product deeply enough. The functionality is very minimal at this level, and you cannot afford to experiment and hope you understand it.
- If you understand the product, 10 FREE searches will never cut it — you will need the PRO plan.
All paid plans come with:
- Unlimited monthly searches. This is critical to success if you do any amount of content marketing.
- Unlimited projects. Also a must-have.
- $79/user/month (if billed annually, $99 if billed monthly)
- The value in moving from free to pro is listed above (unlimited project and monthly searches).
- $139/user/month (if billed annually, $179 if billed monthly)
- With Plus, you get the Question Analyzer. It’s a nice feature, but, in our opinion, not nice enough to cover the price jump.
- $239/user/month (if billed annually, $299 if billed monthly)
- In addition to Question Analyzer, Large gives you YouTube Analyzer and Top Author Search. These two are worth the upgrade if you can afford the price jump.