- What Do We Mean By Small Business In This Article?
- The Ideal Small Business Sales Toolbox
- Scale Your Business
- Sound Professional With Every Message
- Look Creative Without The Designer
- Create Amazing Digital Ads
- Simplify Meeting Scheduling
- Stay on schedule
- A CRM Small Businesses Can Use
- Sending Emails to Customers
- Supporting Customers
- Sales Proposals and e-Signatures
- Do you have a website?
- Don’t have a website?
- Final Thoughts
As a small business owner, you may need help assembling your sales and marketing toolbox. That’s why we have created and now updating our list of the best sales tools for small businesses.
Many of these tools are free for a smaller number of licenses (perfect for companies like we all own), and others are simply less expensive than competitive offerings.
Note: We are small business owners and use every one of the tools listed in this sales toolbox.
What Do We Mean By Small Business In This Article?
If your business has 50 or fewer employees, these recommendations are for you.
The Ideal Small Business Sales Toolbox
Scale Your Business
Do you want to scale your business?
Or, perhaps you just want to give yourself more free time?
Document your processes with an easy-to-use solution that allows you to:
- Hand off the work you no longer want to deal with.
- Ensure consistent work is delivered every time.
- Simplify hiring new employees as you are ready to train every employee how they should be trained.
You need a solution like Trainual to support you in achieving these goals. It’s cost-effective and easy to use.
- Provide up to 4 hours helping you plan out how to best approach documentation and training based on your specific business needs ($1000 value).
- Based on the above, assist in the initial system configuration, training the person in your business who will own process/operations ($2000 value)
- Add you to our private community where we can help your team with monthly assistance (1 hour/month) ($150 value)
That’s $3150 in free services when you buy through our link.
Additional service packages can be purchased as needed. If interested, complete the form at the bottom of this page to learn more.
Sound Professional With Every Message
We use Grammarly to ensure every email, every bit of website copy, and anything else in writing is checked for grammatical and spelling.
We also use Grammarly to ensure our writing is clear, engaging and coming across with the right tone.
Use it; your customers will thank you.
Note: QuillBot includes grammar checking if you decide to go that route.
Most small business owners will be happy with the FREE version of Grammarly and never need to upgrade.
Look Creative Without The Designer
We use Canva every day to create a new image for some purpose or another.
Canva has a massive library of stock photos, animations, videos, fonts, and more.
Canva works through an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface that this design-challenged business owner appreciates.
Most small business owners will be happy with the FREE version of Canva and never need to upgrade.
Create Amazing Digital Ads
Do you advertise on social media? Google search?
AdCreative.ai is an innovative, AI-based tool that takes your ad copy and imagery as input to produce dozens of variations that you could use in place of your original ideas.
It can connect directly to your ad platform to simplify publishing and update your ads.
If you do this sort of advertising, check out AdCreative.ai.
Simplify Meeting Scheduling
Scheduling meetings can be a significant challenge and a deal killer. Using DotCal, customers can click on your public-facing calendar and book a time that works for them and you.
It’s straightforward to set up and eliminates a significant point of friction that most of us have dealt with far too often.
Most small business owners will be happy with the FREE version of DotCal and never need to upgrade.
Stay on schedule
monday.com is an easy-to-use project management tool — you do not have to be a certified project manager to figure out how to use it.
This tool keeps us on schedule; we can’t live without it.
Most small business owners will be happy with the FREE version of monday.com and never need to upgrade.
A CRM Small Businesses Can Use
We have recently moved to 20NINE as our CRM and recommend it for small business owners.
Here are the things that sold us on the solution.
- The initial setup is very fast and intuitive.
- It’s inexpensive, with no lock-in period, and as low as $2.90 per user and month.
- You can manage clients/customers, sales, communications, and critical documents from both the mobile & computer.
- It integrates with Office365, OneDrive, LinkedIn, Microsoft teams, WordPress, Dropbox, Mailchimp, Fortnox, and Google Workspace.
- Supports e-signing.
This low-cost CRM delivers far more value than you are spending on it.
Sending Emails to Customers
You probably don’t want or need a more comprehensive email marketing tool, so don’t pay for one either.
We recommend using Moosend.
This easy-to-use tool will support most small business owners, comes with a 30-day free trial, and is easy to use.
Moosend is an excellent choice for most small businesses.
Isn’t this article about the best sales tools for small businesses?
Yes, supporting your customers is key to selling more to existing customers.
Both provide FREE plans that will be powerful enough for your small business, saving you money to hire great support first, then investing more in technology.
While each of these has robust FREE offerings, you may need to move up from the free plans as your business grows.
Sales Proposals and e-Signatures
You may run a small business, but you don’t have to appear small.
E-Signatures drive business today, and professional-looking sales proposals, invoices, and the like are critical to providing the professional look you deserve.
Check out PandaDoc; it is the top solution by far.
Has your business grows, automating the right things matters. Document automation can make a big impact.
Do you have a website?
Foolish question, I know. Use Surfer SEO to improve your rankings and give your business a strategic advantage in local rankings and more broadly.
Surfer SEO is easy to use, and our guide for using it effectively will help you get started.
This tool provides agency-level insights without the agency-level price point.
Don’t have a website?
Do you need one?
If WordPress is your thing, set it up on Bluehost:
- It’s inexpensive
- It’s straightforward to work with
- You can work with our success team if you buy through our link.
Perfect for a small business seeking to launch a new website.
You are ready to take on the world with these small business tools in your sales toolbox.
If you are using a fantastic sales tool for your small business, let us know, and we’ll share it with others.
Note: Consider checking out our entire certified tech stack.
Note: Complete the form below if you have questions or need assistance.